2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE vs. 2018 BMW X5
Trying to decide between the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE and the 2018 BMW X5 for a luxury SUV to drive around Ashburn? Although both seat five people, the GLE:
- Holds 2.2 more gallons of gas in its fuel tank
- Offers a stronger plug-in hybrid powertrain
Efficiency doesn’t mean you have to compromise power – just look at the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE plug-in hybrid powertrain, which outperforms that of the 2018 BMW X5.
- GLE: A 3.0L V6 biturbo engine paired with a plug-in hybrid electric motor generates 436 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque.
- X5: A 1.0L four-cylinder engine mated to a lithium-ion powered eDrive motor maxes out at 308 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque.
Aside from the hybrid powertrain, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE has a topmost engine in the lineup also outdoes that of the 2018 BMW X5 when driving through Centerville.
- GLE: An AMG® 5.5L V8 biturbo engine churns out 577 hp and 561 lb-ft of torque.
- X5: A 4.4L V8 manages just 445 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque.
Finance the New Mercedes-Benz GLE at Mercedes-Benz of Chantilly
Browse the selection of new Mercedes-Benz GLE models, and then head to Mercedes-Benz of Chantilly in Chantilly to find out how you can finance one of your own! You can also learn about the high-performance Mercedes-Benz AMG® models at Mercedes-Benz of Chantilly.