What is AMG®?
If you’ve been browsing for a used Mercedes-Benz for sale in South Riding you may have come across some models that made you wonder, “what does AMG® mean in Mercedes-Benz?” Learn more about AMG® at Mercedes-Benz of Chantilly near Centerville!
Mercedes-Benz AMG® grew from small origins in 1967 with two engineers tweaking Mercedes-Benz race car engines. Modern-day AMG® models are the collaboration of skilled designers, craftsmen, and engineers dedicated to high-performance with no short cuts. Each vehicle utilizes specially designed performance parts to achieve feats many competing vehicles simply can’t match. Here are a few highlights:
- AMG® crankshafts specifically designed and tailored to each engine
- Sturdy and lightweight aluminum pistons
- Race car-inspired features like dual- and multi-clutch technology
- AMG® 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system is 35% lighter than comparable systems
- 2.0L inline 4 turbo: available in the AMG® CLA 45 and the AMG® GLA 45
- 3.0L V6 biturbo: available in the AMG® C 43 Sedan, the AMG® C 43 Coupe, and the AMG® C 43 Cabriolet
- 4.0L dry sump V8 biturbo: available in the AMG® GT, the AMG® GT S, and the AMG® GT C Coupe
- 4.0L V8 biturbo: available in the AMG® C 63 Coupe, the AMG® S 63 Sedan, and the AMG® E 63 S Sedan
- 5.5L V8 biturbo: available in the AMG® CLS 63 S Coupe, the AMG® S 63 Coupe, and the AMG® GLE 63 S Coupe
- 6.0L V12 biturbo: available in the AMG® S 65 Sedan, the AMG® S 65 Coupe, and the AMG® S 65 Cabriolet
Feel the Power at Mercedes-Benz of Chantilly
See how Mercedes-Benz engines fare against the competition by comparing the Mercedes-Benz E-Class vs. BMW 5-Series or GLS vs. Audi Q7, and learn more about where Mercedes-Benz are made! Then make the trip from Ashburn to Mercedes-Benz of Chantilly to test drive a Mercedes-Benz AMG® SUV for sale.
If you’re looking for a more unique Mercedes-Benz, you’ll want to take a look at our Mercedes-Benz accessory options, too!